Monday, January 25, 2010

~Date Night~

On Saturday night my hubby and I had a date night. It was supposed to be a surprise for me, but I kinda ruined that one. Anyways Jason had bought tickets for us to go see the Booth Brother's. We ate dinner first at J. Alexander's in Dayton. It was an awesome meal. The only thing that we would have done different was when we got to the restaurant the lady that seated us asked us if we wanted some "rolls." We thought they were dinner rolls, boy were we ever wrong. They brought us these Mexican looking things that all I could see was what I thought were black olives. Jason tasted them and realized that they were black beans.
They honestly were very good, but we kept looking at them and wondering how much these funny looking things cost us. To make a long story short, they ended up costing us $8.00, and we have decided that we never are going to say "yes" to rolls before asking how much they are first. Here is a picture of our "rolls"
Sorry that the quality of the pic's are not that great, but they are from my cell phone. I had to be very careful, because on the menu it asked that there please be no cell phone's in the dining room, so we figured that we had better not ask the waitress to take a picture of us at our table.

I took some more pic's so when I said that my baked potato was huge, you would believe me. I read somewhere that they were pound potatoes. I took over half of it and my chicken home.
I also took a pic of Jason's plate so he could always remember what his awesome steak looked like.



We had a really good time, just the two of us. The concert was the best one we have ever been too. They really did a good job and they were constantly reading scripture and at the end of the concert Michael Booth explained the plan of Salvation. He also played the drums and sang at the same time. I think that would be difficult having your foot and both hands playing the drums all in a different beat and still singing in the same tempo that the others were. Pretty neat! The concert was at a Baptist Church, and after Michael saying that he hoped that they don't believe that they are going to Heaven because they prayed once, a long time ago and asked for forgivness that now everything is just fine. I hope they get called back. But he was right in what he was telling them, that is was alot more than just praying once, but that you need to have a changed life and live everyday for God.
Oh and BTW, I hope you weren't hungry before you starting reading this post!!!

1 comments:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Such a good pic of you guys! Isn't it something how we start taking all the pics of our kids and then forget ourselves! I love the Booth Bros. harmony, but don't think we've ever seen them live...of course, we rarely go to a concert, so that wouldn't be a surprise! The food looked awesome, by the way...probably not a place I would want to take my kids (ha), but if we are ever out by ourselves I'd like to try it out! Glad you had fun...you're a good momma and you deserve it!!! Have a good week!