Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Emilee's Awards Banquet and Kindergarten Graduation.

This was Emilee's 1st Awards Banquet and she was really nervous. She told me before it started that earlier that day when they were practicing that everytime she went up front her legs would shake and she didn't want to have to go up on the platform "for the real thing." All in all she did a wonderful job. She received 2 awards. One for the highest pace average-runner up, and then 1 for being on Honor Roll. Jason and I are very proud of her.



This is her and her best friend, Kaitlynn. The were having a lot of fun showing off their trophys.The Graduation was on Friday night and this was the 2 Kindergarten Graduates before getting their gowns on. It was funny though. One was crying before the Graduation and the other was crying after Graduation. I think their nerves were shot.
This is what she had to put up with twice. I had put her hair in curlers before we left the house, but when I took them out the curl came out with the the curlers, so when we got to the church we tried it again and that time it worked.


This was the result.

She looked beautiful.


When I saw her start down the isle I just hoped that she would make it. She had a look of terror on her face, and I was hoping that she would not cry. (I waited until she was past me and then I lost it.) I knew that if she saw me crying that would be the end of it, so I just smiled really big and she kept looking at me and she made it all the way to her seat!!!

Kaitlynn looked beautiful and happy also.
My dad saying the prayer.One very happy little girl.1st grade, here they come!!!
We were a very happy and proud little family.
And this was almost everyone that came just for her. Congratulations Emilee!!

2 comments:

Stephanie Lynn Burley said...

Love the pics! I hope I got some good ones...they are still on my camera since I am still in recovery mode...haha!

mhunsaker said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They brought some tears to the eyes :( Such a beautiful little girl that is growing up quickly. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Aunt Ria